Tuesday, December 2, 2014

This is why photography is important to me. 

Yesterday was not a good day. So I went to this little abandoned parking lot and took a bunch of pictures. That alone calmed me down. I love the art of taking pictures, and the action of it, and being able to find cool things to get good shots of. Today, those same photos cheered me up. Today is not a good day either. While I was looking back at all the pictures I got yesterday, and editing them, it made me happy seeing all the good shots I got. 

Not only is it good to calm me down, but it's good to express my emotions. It's the only way I can sufficiently show them, and even if no one sees them, it's nice to be able to put my emotions into something I can see and feel. And it's nice when people understand them too. 

This picture, for me, shows someone looking through dark branches to see a beautiful sky. Through the darkness to see the light. It gives me hope for the trials I'm facing, and reminds me to see the good things in my life, even if I do have those dark branches shattering it. It reminds me that it's there at all. And I can look through the dark branches to see the lights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment