Saturday, November 29, 2014


Thanksgiving is honestly normally one of the hardest holidays for me. I find it really hard to be thankful for what I have even though I do really have it good. My life may not be perfect but I have a lot of things tht I really should be super thankful for. I know I've posted a day late but this Thanksgiving was a really fantastic one, an I didn't want to pull away from the magic. 

Aside from the most wonderful people that I'm so lucky to have in my life, I'm thankful for my photography. I would be completely lost without it. It's probably one of the only things that keep me sane. And on top of that, I'm thankful for all the beautiful things God has put into this world for me to capture, and I'm thankful for the opportunities to photgraph them. I'm so thankful to have the amazing camera I have. That's probably the one material thing I wouldn't want to lose; it's practically always attached to me! 

This picture especially is important to me. It symbolizes recovery, and how wounds can fade to scars with the help of the beauty in life. Some days I feel very depressed, but that's a part of the process. Scars may never fully go away, but they will always tell the story of what happened to you and how you overcame that. And that's why they're important. My grandpa says that scars are natural tattoos with stories and memories and feelings attached to them. I think it's important to have scars to say that you've lived, and that you've enjoyed life, and that the moments you don't enjoy it were overcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment